Les Femmes des Montage is a Prescott, Arizona collective of women artists.
The Les Femmes des Montage group of artists include fiber art, multi-media, prints, jewelry, clothing, sculpture, glass, mosaic, ceramics, and now- Equine Fine Art Photography! French for the Assembly of Women, Les Femmes des Montage art show attracts men and women art collectors from the Quad City area of Prescott and throughout Arizona.
Getting ready for Les Femmes des Montage art show.
Getting ready for an art show has many layers and many “to do” items. This group is planning it’s 14th year of it’s annual art show and many things are done by wrote. Now only a one day show, we pack a lot of stuff in. As with any other show planning, there are details like advertising postcards, updating the website, writing press releases, scheduling Facebook posts, article submissions to major and local magazines. Each of the tasks are distributed among the 10 participating artists.
Hassayampa Hotel Hosts Les Femmes des Montage
The Hassayampa Hotel is one of many historic hotels in Prescott Arizona. Just north of the main
entrance of the hotel is the Marina Room. The address is 122 East Gurley Street Prescott, AZ 86301. It’s a really beautiful room… “The Marina Ballroom next to the Hassayampa Inn was acquired in 2001 to lend its distinct Art Deco carvings, paintings, light fixtures and architecture to the hotel’s historic ambiance. This unique 2,100-square-foot banquet space offers a fanciful architectural counterpoint to Prescott’s Victorian history”
What’s the origin of Les Femmes des Montage?
Taken from a 2017 interview Barbra Wills shares the origin…
“This is a group of female artists that originally started out as teachers who donated 10 percent of their sales to art programs in elementary schools. Over the years, it’s evolved into a group of eight or nine women and we work with a nonprofit and we also donate 10 percent of our sales to that group.”
The Highland Center benefits from Les Femmes des Montage
The charitable aspect still exists. The group benefiting from the 2018 show is The Highland Center.
Who is in the Les Femmes des Montage in Prescott, Arizona
Below are the other incredibly talented 9 women who make up the Les Femmes des Montage!
- Pam Dunmire paints art in oils and acrylics that is full of movement, positive-energy, and color to uplift the spirits of others
- Cindi Shaffer, a kiln-formed glass artist, will feature kiln-fired functional glass pieces, glass sculpture and 2D Wall pieces, as well as jewelry.
- Patricia Tyser Carberry creates handmade glass beads and jewelry.
- Jo Manginelli, a textile artist has had a lifelong fascination with textiles. Her primary source of joy is weaving.
- Carolyn Dunn works with both traditional and non-traditional photographic processes to create what she refers to as Photographic Art.
- Barb Wills, is an award-winning artist who exhibits internationally and incorporates ancient Japanese techniques into wearable accessories.
- Deanne Brewster, is a potter who creates functional and decorative pieces to enhance the lives of people who use and display her work.
- Diane Brand enjoys working with oils and acrylics. Her subject matter revolves around her love of nature and personal expressions of my life experiences.
- Leslee Oaks enjoys sculptural welding and creates beautiful metal work
Join us July 14, 2018
The event is free and the show runs from 10am-4pm.
Mark your calendars for this great show and be sure and follow us on Facebook to keep up on more information on each artist participating!
Jody Miller is a professional photographer specializing in Horse Photography, Equine Photography, and Equestrian photography. Her work can be viewed online here in her gallery section, and she is also featured at these Arizona Galleries: Arts Prescott Gallery CO-OWNER, Dragonfly Arts in Cottonwood and Coops Coffee House at Talking Rock Ranch, Prescott Family Diner.